Last updated: March 24, 2020
Thank you for visiting our website, mobile website, or mobile application (“app”) (collectively, the “Platform”).
Goodridge & Williams, Labatt Brewing Company Limited, Anheuser-Busch InBev and our subsidiary and affiliated entities, which include different brands, (“we”, “us” or “our”) want you to have the best possible experience when you interact with us online.
Legal drinking age notice
This Platform and any related content should not be accessed or viewed by you if you are not of legal drinking age in your country, province or territory. You confirm that you are legal drinking age and that you are not in a country, province or territory where the consumption of alcoholic beverages or the content of this Platform is not permitted.
Eligibility for participation in contests, promotions and other aspects of this Platform may be restricted to Ontario residents or residents of other provinces or territories in Canada age 19 and over. If you are accessing this website from the United States of America, you confirm that you are age 21 or over.
THIS PLATFORM MAY ALLOW YOU TO SHARE CONTENT THROUGH THIS PLATFORM OR THROUGH OTHER APPS OR WEBSITES. PLEASE ONLY SHARE OUR POSTS AND OTHER SHAREABLE CONTENT WITH THOSE WHO ARE OF LEGAL DRINKING AGE.
User Generated Content (UGC)
This Platform may allow you to create or post user-generated content. We do not condone any user-generated content that promotes inappropriate or excessive alcohol consumption. Any content of this sort will be deleted without further notice to you. See the “Unlawful behaviour” section below for additional details.
You confirm you are legally permitted to use this Platform
Your use of this Platform may not be available or permitted in all jurisdictions, and shall only constitute an “offer or solicitation” where permitted, and only to the extent permitted by law. This Platform shall not be used where or to any extent such use is prohibited by law. You agree and confirm that your use of this Platform is in full compliance with the laws of the jurisdiction(s) to which you are subject.
Use of this website is at your own risk
You acknowledge and agree that your use of this Platform is at your own risk. This means that you agree that we, including our owners, officers, directors, employees, or anyone involved in creating, producing, or delivering this website, are not liable for any damages whatsoever caused by your use of the Platform. This includes damages that are direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or special, or any other losses, costs or expenses of any kind (including legal fees, expert fees, or other disbursements) which may arise. You agree we are not liable regardless of whether such liability or damages arise in contract, tort, negligence, equity, statutorily or otherwise. You agree we are not liable for any such damages in connection with your access to, use of or browsing of this Platform or in connection with any content, information, data, promotions or activities associated with this Platform, or in connection with your downloading of any materials, text, data, images, video or audio from this Platform. You agree we are not liable for damages caused by transmission defects, viruses, data breach, data theft or loss, bugs, human action or inaction, or phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or any other errors, failures or delays of any kind.
Copyright and all other intellectual property belongs to us
We are the owners of copyright and all other intellectual property in this Platform. No portion of this Platform, including but not limited to the content, information, text, images, audio or video, may be used in any manner, or for any purpose, without our prior written permission.
Without in any way waiving any of the foregoing rights, you may download one copy of the material on this Platform for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you do not delete, obstruct or change any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices.
You also have the limited ability to “share” content through a linked social media platform where such functionality is expressly provided by us in the Platform through a “share” button or menu item, provided, however, that you hereby acknowledge and agree that all “sharing” of content shall in no way limit our ownership of copyright and all other intellectual property in this Platform and/or effect the general limitations on your use of our content.
You hereby agree that modification, reposting or use of any content on this Platform in any other manner whatsoever and for any other purpose violates our legal and intellectual property rights.
Our name, logos and trademarks
You acknowledge and agree that any name, logo, trademark or service mark contained on this Platform is owned or licensed by us (or a parent company, affiliate or partner of ours) and may not be used by you without prior written approval. We will enforce our intellectual property rights to the full extent of the law. Any unauthorized use of all, part, or any aspect of our intellectual property may subject you to penalties or damages, including but not limited to those related to violation of trademarks, copyright, privacy rights or publicity rights.
The internet is not a secure medium
The internet is not a secure medium, and the privacy of your communications and/or visits to this Platform cannot be guaranteed. Your communications or information may be susceptible to data corruption, unauthorized access, data breach, theft or loss, interception and delays. This Platform may include incomplete information, inaccuracies or typographical errors. We may make changes in the information and content included in this Platform at any time without notice.
You acknowledge and agree that any communication or material you transmit to this Platform, in any manner and for any reason, may not be treated as confidential or proprietary. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that any communications, information, ideas, concepts, techniques, procedures, methods, systems, designs, plans, charts, or other materials you transmit through this Platform may be used by us anywhere, anytime and for any reason whatsoever.
To access and use our Platform, you may be required to create an account. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of account information, confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. We reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders.
We have the right to restrict your access to this Platform
You agree and confirm that you will not use this Platform to do anything that causes any harm or that is illegal or otherwise unlawful, including without limitation communicating or transmitting any hateful, harassing, pornographic, obscene, profane, defamatory, libelous or threatening material, or material which constitutes or may encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, promote the excessive, irresponsible or underage consumption of alcohol, or otherwise violate any law or regulation.
If this Platform contains integrated social media content, news feeds, bulletin boards, chat rooms, email, comment sections, or other message or communication functions (collectively, Forums), you agree to use the Forums only to send and receive material or post content that shall not, in any manner or to any extent, do any of the following:
- commit any criminal or quasi-criminal offence including, without limitation, any pornography, hate, assault, or economic crime whatsoever;
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others;
- publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
- infringe, contravene, breach or otherwise interfere with or harm the rights of any other person including, without limitation, any contractual, personality, confidentiality, privacy, moral, statutory, common law or intellectual property rights;
- upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of a computer or mobile device;
- delete any author attributions, trademarks, trade names, logos, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file;
- falsify the origin or source of software, information or other material;
- advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward any surveys, contests, or chain letters; and
- download any file posted by another user that you know (or reasonably should know) cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
You acknowledge and agree that all Forums are public. You acknowledge that chats, comments, postings, conferences, social media integrations and other communications by other users are not monitored, screened, sanctioned, approved or endorsed by us, and shall not be considered as such.
WE AND ALL OTHER PARTIES INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THIS PLATFORM ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY ARISING FROM CLAIMS RELATED TO ANY OF THE ABOVE ACTIVITIES BY OTHER USERS.
Although this Platform may be linked to other websites, we are not directly or indirectly implying any approval, association, sponsorship, endorsement or affiliation with the linked website unless we specifically say so in writing. You acknowledge and agree that we have not reviewed linked websites and we are not responsible for the content of any website which is not hosted by us. Following links to other websites is at your own discretion and risk.
No warranty on contents, information and materials
THE LAWS OF CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS (WHICH MAY INCLUDE THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC) DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LEGAL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR REPRESENTATIONS. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE BELOW EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
Although the content in this Platform is based upon reasonably current information and we make reasonable efforts to ensure that it is correct, accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
For some information on this Platform, we rely on other entities to provide content without any direct or independent authentication, verification, assessment or validation by us. You are solely and exclusively responsible for evaluating all information for yourself. The information included in this Platform does not constitute, and shall not be considered, our advice, recommendation or endorsement.
THE INFORMATION AND CONTENT IN THIS PLATFORM IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS ONLY, AND IS FOR CONSUMER PRIVATE AND NON-COMMERCIAL END USE ONLY. ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, AUTHENTICITY, VALIDITY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, ARE COMPLETELY DENIED AND DISCLAIMED, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH DISCLAIMERS ARE HELD TO BE LEGALLY INVALID BY A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION.
Exclusions and Limitations of Liability
THE LAWS OF CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS (WHICH MAY INCLUDE THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC), DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OR CERTAIN DAMAGES FOR CONSUMERS. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE BELOW LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS
You agree that we are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by other users, or by the equipment or programming of this Platform, or by any technical or human error which may occur. You agree that we are not responsible for any potential impact of any of the above-noted circumstances upon your participation in contests or promotions through the Platform.
We are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, wireless connections, mobile or cloud services, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of email or other communication, or any combination of these or other factors.
If, for any reason, this Platform is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, data breach, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Platform, we reserve our rights to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the app services or website indefinitely or take any other action we deem necessary to protect our interests.
Release and indemnity for claims
YOU AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS US AND OUR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, SPONSORS, OFFICERS, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND EMPLOYEES AGAINST AND FROM ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES ASSERTED BY YOU AND/OR ANY THIRD PARTIES ALLEGING THAT THE PLATFORM INCLUDES OBSCENITY, LIBEL OR SLANDER, OR INFRINGES UPON ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR PRIVACY RIGHTS AS A RESULT OF THE USE OR MISUSE OF THE PLATFORM BY YOU AND/OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
YOU FURTHER CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED FROM KNOWINGLY DAMAGING OR INTERRUPTING THE SERVICES ON THE PLATFORM, PREVENTING OTHERS FROM USING IT, OR OBTAINING OR MODIFYING ANOTHER USER’S INFORMATION WITHOUT CONSENT.
SHOULD A CLAIM BE BROUGHT AGAINST US INVOLVING ALLEGATIONS OF ANY SUCH ACTIVITY ON YOUR PART, YOU AGREE TO FULLY INDEMNIFY US FOR ANY AND ALL COSTS, AWARDS, PENALTIES OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE CLAIM.
Applicable law, jurisdiction and dispute resolution
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW (WHICH MAY INCLUDE THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC), you acknowledge and agree that this Platform (including all transactions, contests, promotions or services offered or effected through it) and these contractual terms shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the Province of Ontario and the Federal laws of Canada applicable therein. You hereby agree and confirm that your use of this Platform and all of the communications, transmissions and transactions associated with it shall be deemed to occur in the Province of Ontario.
You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario as the proper and most convenient forum for any dispute arising from your use of this Platform.
You acknowledge that any proceeding arising from your use of this Platform must be commenced in the City of Toronto in the Province of Ontario regardless of where you may be located and regardless of the application of any conflicts of law principles. If you use this website from another jurisdiction, you are responsible for your compliance with any and all applicable local laws.
English shall be the language of this Platform and all transactions occurring in connection with it. You waive any right to use and rely upon any other language or translations. Il est de la volonté express des parties que le présent Plateforme et tous les affairs qui s’y rapportent soient rédigés en langue anglaise, exception faite des documents pour lesquels la loi exige l’usage exclusif du français.
Last Updated: March 22, 2020.
Last updated: March 1, 2020
Thank you for visiting our website, mobile website, or mobile application (“app”) (collectively, the “Platform”).
Intended for Adults
The Platform is not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, persons under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. If you are under the age of majority and have entered this Platform by providing a false date of birth, you must immediately leave this Platform. Under no circumstances may you use this Platform or submit personal information to us if you are under the age of majority.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Below are examples of how we collect and use personal information on our Platform.
- Visit our Platform: In order to access our Platform, we may require you to enter your date of birth and jurisdiction of residence to verify that you are the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence in order to meet regulatory requirements.
- Create an Account: To access and use our Platform, you may be required to create an account. When you create an account, we may collect personal information such as your first and last name, email address, birth date, gender (optional) and a password that you create. We use this information to create and administer your account and to provide the products and services you request. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (such as letters, phone calls or email messages). If you become aware of any unauthorized access to or use of your account, you are required to notify us immediately.
- Marketing: If you choose to sign-up for or engage with our marketing communications, we may send you special offers, e-blasts, and information about other services that we believe may be of interest to you. We will collect certain information such as your name, date of birth (to verify your age), postal code (to verify your jurisdiction of residence) and email address. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, you may unsubscribe any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or by contacting us at the contact information under “Contact Us” below. Please note that you may continue to receive certain transactional or account-related communications from us.
If you engage with any organic content, sponsored content and advertising content on social and digital channels such as engaging with an influencer’s post, “liking” our posts, or watching content we’ve posted, we may collect information (e.g. likes, shares, and comments) for the purposes of evaluating the effectiveness of our marketing campaign, targeting future content in more relevant ways, or improving future marketing efforts.
We may also use services provided by third-party platforms (such as social media and other websites) to serve targeted advertisements on such platforms to you or others, and we may provide a hashed version of your email address or other information to the platform provider for such purposes. To opt-out of the use of your information for such purposes, please send a request using any of the methods set forth in the Contact Us section below.
- Location Information: With your consent, we may collect your location information by accessing your device’s GPS coordinates so that we can provide you with location-based services. You can opt-out of location tracking at any time by turning off your location services for the Platform in the settings of your device.
- Push Notifications: If you provide your consent to receive push notifications, we may display push notifications on your mobile device such as welcome messages, product features and promotional offers. If you wish to stop receiving push notifications from us, you can turn off push notifications for the Platform in the settings of your device.
- Contests, Promotions and Redemptions: When you enter a contest or participate in a promotion, we may collect your name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, and other information you provide. We use this information to administer your participation in the contest or promotion and fulfil your prize. We may collect this information through our Platform or different devices, such as a tablet or other mobile device, including at events or venues as part of an on-site promotion or offline using forms or paper entries.
When you purchase a product or service you may also be provided with a redemption code that you can enter on our website or mobile website along with other information such as your name and email address to redeem promotional merchandise or services.
In addition to using this information for your participation in a contest or promotion, we may also use it for the purposes of evaluating the effectiveness of a contest or promotion, targeting future marketing content in more relevant ways, or improving future marketing efforts.
- Contact Us: When you contact us with a comment or question through email, telephone, or the Contact Us form on our Platform, you may provide information that identifies you, such as your name, email, address, birth date or telephone number, along with additional information we need to help us promptly respond. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our products and services and to customize your experience with us, including to help us diagnose problems with our server or other technical issues relating to the performance of the Platform.
- Business Partners: We may collect information about you from third parties such as from our business partners. We may use this information to conduct research and analysis, improve our marketing efforts, inform product development and innovation, and for supply and logistics improvements. We and our business partners may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online and across different devices over time.
- Community Forums/Public Spaces: We may collect information you post on a public space such as a community forum on the Platform. Note about third-party uses: If you voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g., name, email address, personal photographs) in a community forum, such information may be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other parties. We have no control over this type use of your personal information and are not responsible for that use. Please exercise caution before sharing any personal information.
- Careers: If you apply for a job with us, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as information contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials. We use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities.
- For any other purpose as otherwise required or permitted by law or as stated at the time you provide your information.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PLATFORM
- Visiting our Platform: In general, you can visit our Platform without telling us who you are or submitting any personal information. However, we collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Platform as well as other related information such as page requests, browser type, device identifier (if you are using our mobile app), operating system and average time spent on our Platform. We use this information to help us understand our Platform activity and to monitor and improve our Platform.
- App Usage Information & Analytics: As with many apps, certain limited data is required for the app to function on your device. This data includes the type of device hardware and operating system, unique device identiﬁer, IP address, language settings, and the date and time the app accesses our servers. We use this information to help us understand the activity on our app, to monitor and improve our app, and to tailor your in-app experience. In addition, we may use third party service providers to collect analytical information about your use of the app, such as the app features used and time spent on the app, to help us tailor your in-app experience, improve our products and the quality of our app, and to manage and analyze data in order to better understand our users.
- Cookies: We use certain standard web measurement and tracking technologies such as “cookies,” web server logs, web beacons (also known as “action tags” or “one pixel .gif files”), clear GIFs or other statistics programs. A “cookie” is a tiny element of data that our website sends to a user’s browser, which may then be stored on the user’s hard drive so that we can recognize the user’s computer or device when they return. We do this on our Platform (including mobile apps) and in emails that we send to you. We collect information about users over time when you use this Platform (including mobile apps). We have third parties collect information this way, as well. Your browser may have an option that allows you to accept cookies, reject cookies, or receive notification when a cookie is sent, but you should note that the use of restrictive browser settings may limit your use of the Platform.
How We Share Your Information
We do not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except as described below or as required or permitted by applicable law.
- Service Providers: Your personal information may be transferred (or otherwise made available) to third parties that provide services on our behalf. We use service providers to provide services such as hosting a website, processing payments, administering promotions and contests, providing emailing and advertising and marketing services. Our service providers are only provided with the information they need to perform their designated functions and are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes. Our service providers may be located in the U.S., Canada or other foreign jurisdictions.
- Business Partners: With your consent, we may provide your personal information to our affiliated companies, co-sponsors or other business partners to use in accordance with their own privacy policies. We may share your personal information so that our business partners, affiliated companies or co-sponsors may provide you with information on the products and services they make available to you through our Platform or that may be of interest to you. We share information within the Anheuser-Busch InBev family of brands.
- Legal and Compliance: We and our Canadian, US and other foreign affiliates and service providers may disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable Canadian, U.S. or other law or legal process, which may include lawful access by U.S. or foreign courts, law enforcement or other government authorities. Your personal information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
- Sale of Business: We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a proposed or completed merger, acquisition or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
- Where required or permitted by applicable law, we may share information for other reasons we disclose to you.
You Have Certain Choices About How We Use Your Information
You Can Control Tracking Tools and Third-Party Advertising
We may use third-party companies and/or media partners that use their own tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) to serve ads on our Platform and/or on the sites on which we advertise. We and these third-party companies display interest-based advertising using information gathered about you over time across multiple or other platforms. In the course of serving advertisements, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. In addition, we may use web beacons provided by third-party advertising companies to help manage our online advertising. These web beacons enable us to recognize a browser’s cookie when a browser visits this Platform to learn which advertisements bring users to our Platform. These companies may collect information about your activity on our Platform and third-party websites (such as web pages you visit and your interaction with our advertising and other communications) and use this information to make predictions about your preferences, develop personalized content and deliver ads that are more relevant to you on third party websites. This information may also be used to evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising campaigns.
To learn more about your choices and how to opt out of this type of advertising, please visit the Cookie Settings hyperlink available on our Platform and utilize the choices and settings available through your device or browser. Alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about your cookie preferences.
These choices will apply to data collected from other browsers or devices for use on this device for interest-based advertising and other applicable uses. Certain choices you make may be browser-specific and/or device-specific. Please note that even if you opt-out of interest-based advertising by a third party, these tracking technologies may still collect data for other purposes including analytics and you will still see ads from us, but the ads will not be targeted based on information about you and may therefore be less relevant to you and your interests.
To successfully opt-out, you must have cookies enabled in your web browser (see your browser’s instructions for information on cookies and how to enable them). Your opt-out only applies to the web browser you use so you must opt-out of each web browser on each computer you use. Once you opt-out, if you delete your browser’s saved cookies, you will need to opt-out again.
Opting Out of Receiving our Emails
To stop receiving our marketing emails, email us at email@example.com or click on the link provided at the bottom of each email communication. Even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications, we will still send you messages about your questions and purchases.
You can control tools on your mobile devices
For example, you can turn off push notifications from within a mobile app.
Please note that if you provide information to us via a social media site or participate in a social media site linked to the Platform, you consent to our use of your information for any reason as if it were submitted to us directly via the Platform.
Security Procedures and Retention
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We restrict access to personal information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfil their job requirements.
We have record retention processes designed to retain personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes set out herein or as otherwise required to meet legal or business requirements.
From time to time, we may offer certain mobile apps, including iOS applications (“Apps”), for download. We will use commercially reasonable efforts, given the limitations imposed upon us by third party providers such as Apple Inc. and Google Inc., to clearly disclose what, if any information is collected by the particular App, how it is used, and with whom it is shared. Please note, certain practices are outside of our control, for example, tracking by Google, Inc., Apple, Inc., or your third party telecommunications carrier. We are not responsible for the actions of third parties. You should always read and understand the policies of any third party provider, such as Google with respect to Android apps and Apple with respect to IOS apps, and your wireless carrier, before making any purchase or downloading any app.
Labatt Brewing Company Limited
207 Queens Quay W, Suite 299, Toronto, ON M5J 1A7
The Company, in common with many website operators, may use standard technology called “cookies” on its Sites. Cookies are small data files that are downloaded onto your computer when you visit a particular website. You can disable cookies by turning them off in your browser; however, some areas of the Sites may not function properly if you do so.